Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Roaring 20's part 5 (we're getting there, I promise)

That winter was filled with activities that normal 4 person families do.  A few sicknesses, a trip to Florida and Disney World then we were headed into spring.

Around March my husband began his seasonal work doing the irrigation thing.  One morning I woke up to pack his lunch, which is not something I did all the time.  I was probably just feeling extra generous.  I opened the lunch meat bag and I started gagging.  "Oh no, this is NOT good", I thought.  There was only one reason I would gag from the smell of perfectly good lunch meat.  I took a test and it was positive.  Baby number 3 would be here that December.  I cried for 2 days, which seems silly now, but at the time I thought it was perfectly acceptable.  I didn't think I was capable to taking care of 3 humans at once to be quite honest!  That December our son, CJ, was born.  I was in love my little man.

Fast forward about 13 months later.  Similar situation, except this time I opened up a bag of frozen chicken.  I took a test and the all to familiar double line appeared.  Instead of crying this time I actually laughed.  My God has a sense of humor.  I'm probably the last person on Earth that should be taking care of 4 children, but alas, my son HK came into the world.  Again, it was love at first sight.  His birth was quite traumatic (maybe I'll blog about that someday) and I was told not to have anymore children.  So there I was, 27 years old with 4 children under the age of six.

The next few months were a haze of exhaustion, but the fog eventually lifted.  We rearranged the house to fit the six of us and prepared for another gardening season.



No comments:

Post a Comment